Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yay blogging!!

hello world!! I originally wanted to start a blog to tell all my friends and family about my travels, but then i got lazy. i decided to reconsider though, so here it is! caution: this blog is going to be real chill, just like me!
so...i am currently in berlin, germany for the 2009 iaaf track and field world championships, and it is amazing. it gets better everyday that i am here, and i stand in awe of my God. this is such a blessing--you have no idea! (some do;)). i am meeting new teammates each day as they slowly filter in, and although i am new to this whole pro circuit thing, everyone is so nice and welcoming. i've been making so many new friends, so it's great.
as far as the sleeping goes, i am pretty much on berlin time which is 6 hours ahead of eastern time, so my body is feeling great and well rested (as i yawn). i have been getting worked on quite frequently with our medical staff, so my body is feeling fabulously and lookin it too;) yesterday's practice involved some hurdles and shot put, both of which went well. hurdles were off the chain and shot put was pretty good. i've been working with the coaching staff here because my coach did not come, and it has actually been very good. they come to the table with a wealth of knowledge, and i am eager to learn, so it's a perfect fit! yay!
as far as sightseeing goes, i think geena gall and i are going to hit up some of the historical hot spots later on today after practice. that will be exciting! i'm excited to see the wall (i'll take tons of pictures, no exaggeration). the city is really cool, and it never gets old seeing mercedes and bmws around like i see fords and chevrolets in the states. so sweet!
i think that about covers it so far. if you think i should touch on a certain topic, feel free to comment.

current bible verse on my mind: 2 Thessalonians 3:3a

2 comments:

  1. ...that was most def an exaggeration...but i'll let it slide becasue you're probably just really wrapped up in having so much fun on the other side of the world.

    love
    you
    homo.
    Katers

    ps. I wear your hair tie around my wrist every day... and as a result my 100 time has gone down about 2 seconds. it also holds my hair really well.

    ReplyDelete