Friday, August 14, 2009

My Biggest Meet Thus Far

well, well, well...the night before the biggest meet of my life thus far is finally upon me, and i am so excited. i am very chill, but excited nevertheless. it almost worries me that i do not feel nervous yet, but i'm pretty sure all that will hit me in the morning. my practices have been going very well and my body is cooperating nicely. the past few days, i've had some tightness in my quads and a little twinge in my ankle, but i am not worried at all. no weapon formed against me shall prosper. the way i look at it is that my God has brought me WAY too far to have me fall victim to some little discomforts. yay God! i will be healed by the morning!!
as for my mindset going into this meet, i have two main goals: glorify God and have fun. God has placed me at the 2009 IAAF World Track and Field Championships for a reason, and i'm going to advance His kingdom and have fun along the way. God doesn't make mistakes or accidents, so it was not by sheer luck that i made it here. my God had a plan.
the bed is calling me, but i want to ask everyone to be praying for me and the competitors at this meet. pray that we reach out to lost souls and spread the Gospel to all nations. "Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words" -St. Francis of Assisi. rest assured that i am going to go out there and "get mines". i've never felt so good before a meet before. hells yeah!!! thank you all and details to come;)

No comments:

Post a Comment