Thursday, April 15, 2010

mmmhmmmmmmmmm!!! (high pitched squeal at the end)

hey party peoples!! i'm back!!! and ya gurl is goin to Goetzis for the meet i mentioned earlier!!! yay God!!! so, the meet i had in arizona did not go as well as i would have liked, but it is what it is. i had an overall pb but would have liked a lot of the events to have gone better (story of a multi's life...). two events i was pumped about were my shot put and javelin throws. i pb'd in both!! i threw 14.02m (46') in the shot and 40.44m (132'ish) in the jav. so yeah, i went 5937 (13.97,1.78,14.02,24.93;5.93,40.44,2:22) overall, and this was enough to get me into the Goetzis meet.
HYPO-MEETING Goetzis will be on May 29-30, 2010, and is apart of the IAAF WORLD CHALLENGE. this meet will showcase the bests of the bests in the multi events, and i am so thankful and blessed to have been given the opportunity to compete there. i'm finally starting to feel like a professional athlete, and it's pretty cool. i remember being a little kid, watching track and field on tv and looking at those athletes only hoping that i would be in their position one day. now i am, and i'm able to see my dreams slowly unfolding in front of my eyes. everyday i wake up, i'm living my dream, and not a lot of people can say that. my aspirations have come to light only by the grace of God and the hard work ethic i've been blessed with. i thank my family and close friends that have supported me both emotionally and financially along the way. i would not be where i am without them. yay loved ones:)

1 comment:

  1. and me for telling you to drink water when you have cramps.

    ReplyDelete