Thursday, June 17, 2010

Freakin New York!!

So, I went to New York last weekend for the Adidas Grand Prix, and it was utter sweetness. As for as the meet went, I wasn't too happy with my performance, but it is what it is. I did the 3-Event challenge which had shot put, long jump, and hurdles. In addition to myself, the field included Kasey Hill, Hyleas Fountain, and Jessica Ennis. My marks were 12.35, 6.28,13.84. The shot was so off that we don't even talk about that. We now know what was up and will not repeat that again. While long jump and hurdles were not too too off my pb's, much better would have been appreciated, but again, it is what it is.
Now on to the good stuff!! I was reunited with some former teammates, Gina Gull! aka G-Baby aka Geena Gall and Tiffany Ofifi aka Triflin Tiff aka Tiffany Ofili. SOOO. MUUUUCH. FUUUUUN. I love these girls, and we hadn't seen each other since we went our separate ways back in September. Much needed reunion. Kasey and I hung with these chicas most of the weekend, and it was great.
The highlight of my weekend was Saturday night by far! I don't think i've laughed as much as I did that night in a looooooong time. J Neezy aka Lil Jenni aka Jenni Neville, the infamous Skylar Andrews, Tiff's cuz, Obi, and Skylar's friend, Sheldon, also joined in the fun. J Neezy is doing an internship in NY and Skylar is working in the city. From utter hotel silliness/craziness to a 2am Coldstone Creamery run in TImes Square to 4am girls talk, this night was great. It was extremely much needed seeing as I live in Kansas where there is not much to do nor any black people (no exaggeration). ::sigh:: so yeah, great weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment