Tuesday, October 27, 2009

God Is Pretty Amazing

so, my life in kansas has been pretty awesome thus far. for starters, my training is freaking glorious!! i have morning lifts mon, tues, thur, fri followed by an afternoon workout, sat morning workout, and sun pool workout. holler!!!!!!! my lifting cycles have been getting me so strong. we do a lot of lunges, body squats, pull-ups galore, and other things of that sort, and for the afternoon workouts, we do so much core stuff. it's not even funny--not that core sessions are usually humorous. so, yeah...words cannot express how happy i am that i made the move to kstate. my body is transitioning very nicely. all the little aches and pains i had at michigan are light years away, and i'm stronger than ever. ohh!!! so, i love doing pool workouts! i've only had one session, and it wasn't too easy, but i love them anyway!! something about being in a pool just makes everything better. one cool thing we do is called "pool lengths". basically you try (and succeed) to swim underwater (or over) the full length of the pool (25 yards) while holding your breath the entire time. soo cool!! it hurt, but very cool. i love the mixing up of the workouts and the creativity--makes training that much more fun;)
another reason that God is pretty amazing is that He favored me once again, and it looks like i will not have to try to get a 40hr/week job in addition to training in order to survive. i won't know anything for about a month, but there is no doubt in my mind that my God will provide sweetness for me! mmmhhmmmmmm!! as of now, i work part time at a running store, Manhattan Running Company. This job is so much fun cause i get paid to talk about running all day--doesn't get much better. the owners are oklahoma state alum and so cool. yay God (and diana) for getting me this job.
hmm...what else!! so with God's blessing of having more free time, i've been getting involved in so much ministry. oh man!! i love it!! i currently attend StuMo (student mobilization) weekly meetings. it's kinda weird cause it's all college kids, but the worship and message are really good, so it's totally worth it. another freaking praise report is that i went to my first aia meeting on sun!!! omg!!! so good!! i might go on staff and get to pour into student athletes just as my aia mentors poured into me, that would be so cool. so, yeah...i'm kinda on a God high, and it is glorious.
my life has been so blessed so far, and i praise God for all He's done, is doing, and will do in my life. i know kansas state is the right place for me to do God's will, and i feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to move out here. i'm meeting new people everyday (no one has yet to top my mich peeps), and learning a lot about myself and a lot of things. one thing i will say is that i'm gaining a lot of tolerance for people different from me. while mich had some very interesting people considering it's liberalness, ksate is the opposite and quite conservative--not my ideal atmosphere. BUT God's been teaching and showing me all the good things that can come out of this situation. all is good tho. that is all for now. peace, love, and chicken grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment